Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Wreath

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  I love everything about it, especially decorating.  This year, I decided to make my own wreath.  It was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be.  Here's what you'll need:

  • Wire wreath (you can get a foam piece of tubing from a home improvement store as well)
  • 9-12 ft. of garland
  • Ribbon
  • Decorative accents
I bought some small decorative red branches and miniature ornaments that had wire attached so you could wrap the wire around anything...I also bought the red ribbon above but changed it out later on.
Wrap the garland around the wreath.  If you have a wire one like I do, weave it through in a few spots to secure it.  Fluff out the garland as well if you find you are having gaps while wrapping it around.
Then, I tucked in the red branches in various spots.
Add the mini ornaments...I used the wire to wrap them around the garland to secure them even more.
Take wide ribbon and make a bow (I literally messed around with this  until I got big loops and it didn't become untied).  Attach it to the top, hang on a wreath hanger or suction cup and you've got yourself a homemade wreath!
You can make your wreath as small or large as you want/need.  You can also add whatever decorations to the wreath that you like.  It's almost like the wreath is a blank canvas, so let your creativity flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment