Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cookies!

Well, I've had a crazy week to say the least!  Monday after working all day I babysat, and then I stayed up making sugar cookie dough...note to self, room temperature butter makes for easier mixing!  Moving on to Tuesday...I got dinner with one of my best friends from elementary school!  Then...my night of baking began.  We were decorating the Christmas tree in the office today, so some people also brought in cookies for everyone to enjoy.  I was thrilled to say the least because I have wanted to try my hand at homemade cookies.

So...I started my oven at 375 degrees.  Luckily, both recipes called for the same baking temperature.  Let's start with lace cookies.  These little gems are so delicious!  My boyfriend's mom makes THE BEST ones ever, but I figured I would try to make them!  It's really simple too...

  • Flour
  • Sugar
  • Melted butter
  • Quick cook oats
  • Light corn syrup
  • Baking powder
  • Vanilla
Mix the ingredients together...

Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto a baking stone and bake in 5-10 minute increments checking often...don't they look yummy?!?!

This is the homemade sugar cookie dough...it had been wrapped up and chilled overnight...roll it out about 1/4 inch thick...

Cut out the shapes you want...I used an ornament, gingerbread man, and Christmas tree

Bake on a baking stone in 5-10 minute increments checking often until they are slightly golden brown

Finished product!  I decorated the sugar cookies with royal icing (powdered sugar, meringue powder, vanilla, and water).  I got the colors by buying some nifty edible colored gel at the craft store.

And there you have it...my night of baking was tiring (I went to bed at 1am) but so very fun!  Just call me Betty Crocker!

No comments:

Post a Comment